The Swedish Ordinance on climate adaptation work on the part of government agencies entered into force on 1 January 2019.
According to the Ordinance, stated agencies must within their area of responsibility and within the remit of their mandate, initiate, support and evaluate climate adaptation work. If the agency administers or maintains State property, the agency is also to adapt such activities to a changed climate.
In addition a county administrative board must, within the remit of its mandate to coordinate regional climate adaptation work, also
- initiate, support and follow up the climate adaptation work of the municipalities,
- analyse how the county and, where necessary, neighbouring counties are affected by climate change,
- support and follow up the climate adaptation work of regional sectoral agencies,
- contribute to and produce documentation to improve knowledge and planning, and
- support the work of river coordination groups.
See the full translation of the Ordinance to the right.