Ph.D., Head of the meteorological research unit
Phone: +46 11 495 8641
Fields of work
Research on the numerical modelling of atmospheric processes in cities, from micro to urban scale. The aim is to provide high-resolution climate and air quality data for the evaluation of the effects of heat and air pollution on the wellbeing and health of urban dwellers.
- Urban air quality and human exposure,
- Urban climate and human comfort
- Urban green infrastructure.
Development and evaluation of local scale numerical models describing flow and transport mechanisms in cities. Organization and participation on field experiments. Project coordination in Sweden and Brazil.
Latest publications from Jorge Amorim
- Gidhagen,LarsAn integrated assessment of the impacts of PM2.5 and black carbon particles on the air quality of a large Brazilian city2021In: Air quality, atmosphere and healthDOI: 10.1007/s11869-021-01033-7
- Amorim,Jorge HumbertoRegulating and Cultural Ecosystem Services of Urban Green Infrastructure in the Nordic Countries2021In: International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, Vol. 18, no 3DOI: 10.3390/ijerph18031219
- Amorim,Jorge HumbertoHigh resolution simulation of Stockholm's air temperature and its interactions with urban development2020In: Urban Climate, Vol. 32DOI: 10.1016/j.uclim.2020.100632