Phone +46 114958485
Research Gate ID: Ramón Fuentes Franco
Fields of work
- Atmospheric and oceanic variability
- Regional and global climate modelling
- Ocean and atmospheric dynamics
- Arctic climate variability and change
- Tropical and extratropical cyclones
- Analyzing and understanding processes that link ocean with atmospheric variability.
- Seasonal forecast and improving representation of seasonal precipitation over certain regions.
- Sensitivity of tropical and extratropical cyclones to changes in model resolution, surface fluxes and vegetation types.
Perform and analyse climate model simulations for EU-H2020 project PRIMAVERA and CORDEX.
Publications from Ramon Fuentes Franco at SMHI
- Corrales-Suastegui,ArturoThe effect of sea surface temperature and deforestation on the mid-summer drought over Mexico and Central America2022In: International Journal of ClimatologyDOI: 10.1002/joc.7671
- Fuentes Franco,RamonExploring the influence of the North Pacific Rossby wave sources on the variability of summer atmospheric circulation and precipitation over the Northern Hemisphere2022In: Climate DynamicsDOI: 10.1007/s00382-022-06194-4
- Koenigk,TorbenDeep mixed ocean volume in the Labrador Sea in HighResMIP models (vol 57, pg 1895, 2021)2021In: Climate DynamicsDOI: 10.1007/s00382-021-06097-w