Phone +46 114958485
Research Gate ID: Ramón Fuentes Franco
Fields of work
- Atmospheric and oceanic variability
- Regional and global climate modelling
- Ocean and atmospheric dynamics
- Arctic climate variability and change
- Tropical and extratropical cyclones
- Analyzing and understanding processes that link ocean with atmospheric variability.
- Seasonal forecast and improving representation of seasonal precipitation over certain regions.
- Sensitivity of tropical and extratropical cyclones to changes in model resolution, surface fluxes and vegetation types.
Perform and analyse climate model simulations for EU-H2020 project PRIMAVERA and CORDEX.
Publications from Ramon Fuentes Franco at SMHI
- Lu,ZhengyaoNatural decadal variability of global vegetation growth in relation to major decadal climate modes2023In: Environmental Research Letters, Vol. 18, no 1DOI: 10.1088/1748-9326/acacb4
- Meccia,Virna L.Internal multi-centennial variability of the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation simulated by EC-Earth32022In: Climate DynamicsDOI: 10.1007/s00382-022-06534-4
- Doescher,RalfThe EC-Earth3 Earth system model for the Coupled Model Intercomparison Project 62022In: Geoscientific Model Development, Vol. 15, no 7, 2973-3020 p.DOI: 10.5194/gmd-15-2973-2022