Phone +46 764957711
Fields of work
Global climate modelling, Regional and global ocean modelling, Arctic ocean and climate dynamics, Decadal climate prediction, Interannual and interdecadal climate variability, Physical Oceanography.
- The role of Arctic sea ice and fresh water export in the North Atlantic Ocean circulation and climate
- Investigating the interannual and interdecadal climate variability processes for better representation of future climate
- Understanding the ocean and climate dynamics by applying high resolution global and regional climate models
Perform and analyse climate and ocean model simulations. Current projects: FORMAS-funded project- Extreme events in the coastal zone of Baltic Sea, Vinnova-funded project concerning infectious disease risks related to climate(CLAIRE), co-leading the SMHI’s decadal climate prediction simulations.
Past projects: ARCPATH, InterDec, ArcTrain, Paleoclimate modelling as part of ERC-funded project.
Publications by Pasha Karami at SMHI
- Tian,TianBenefits of sea ice initialization for the interannual-to-decadal climate prediction skill in the Arctic in EC-Earth32021In: Geoscientific Model Development, Vol. 14, no 7, 4283-4305 p.DOI: 10.5194/gmd-14-4283-2021
- Karami,PashaThe role of Arctic gateways on sea ice and circulation in the Arctic and North Atlantic Oceans2021In: Climate DynamicsDOI: 10.1007/s00382-021-05798-6
- Docquier,DavidImpact of ocean heat transport on the Arctic sea-ice decline2021In: Climate DynamicsDOI: 10.1007/s00382-020-05540-8