Phone +46 764957711
Fields of work
Global climate modelling, Regional and global ocean modelling, Arctic ocean and climate dynamics, Decadal climate prediction, Interannual and interdecadal climate variability, Physical Oceanography.
- The role of Arctic sea ice and fresh water export in the North Atlantic Ocean circulation and climate
- Investigating the interannual and interdecadal climate variability processes for better representation of future climate
- Understanding the ocean and climate dynamics by applying high resolution global and regional climate models
Perform and analyse climate and ocean model simulations. Current projects: FORMAS-funded project- Extreme events in the coastal zone of Baltic Sea, Vinnova-funded project concerning infectious disease risks related to climate(CLAIRE), co-leading the SMHI’s decadal climate prediction simulations.
Past projects: ARCPATH, InterDec, ArcTrain, Paleoclimate modelling as part of ERC-funded project.
Publications by Pasha Karami at SMHI
- Malinauskaite,LauraConnecting the dots2022In: Ocean and Coastal Management, Vol. 226DOI: 10.1016/j.ocecoaman.2022.106274
- Hermanson,LeonWMO Global Annual to Decadal Climate Update A Prediction for 2021-252022In: Bulletin of The American Meteorological Society - (BAMS), Vol. 103, no 4, E1117-E1129 p.DOI: 10.1175/BAMS-D-20-0311.1
- Doescher,RalfThe EC-Earth3 Earth system model for the Coupled Model Intercomparison Project 62022In: Geoscientific Model Development, Vol. 15, no 7, 2973-3020 p.DOI: 10.5194/gmd-15-2973-2022