Phone +46 764957711
Fields of work
Global climate modelling, Regional and global ocean modelling, Arctic ocean and climate dynamics, Decadal climate prediction, Interannual and interdecadal climate variability, Physical Oceanography.
- The role of Arctic sea ice and fresh water export in the North Atlantic Ocean circulation and climate
- Investigating the interannual and interdecadal climate variability processes for better representation of future climate
- Understanding the ocean and climate dynamics by applying high resolution global and regional climate models
Perform and analyse climate and ocean model simulations. Current projects: FORMAS-funded project- Extreme events in the coastal zone of Baltic Sea, Vinnova-funded project concerning infectious disease risks related to climate(CLAIRE), co-leading the SMHI’s decadal climate prediction simulations.
Past projects: ARCPATH, InterDec, ArcTrain, Paleoclimate modelling as part of ERC-funded project.
Publications by Pasha Karami at SMHI
- Sicard,MarieSimilarities and Differences in Arctic Sea-Ice Loss During the Solar-Forced Last Interglacial Warming (127 Kyr BP) and CO2-Forced Future Warming2023In: Geophysical Research Letters, Vol. 50, no 24DOI: 10.1029/2023GL104782
- Polkova,IuliiaInitialization shock in the ocean circulation reduces skill in decadal predictions of the North Atlantic subpolar gyre2023In: FRONTIERS IN CLIMATE, Vol. 5DOI: 10.3389/fclim.2023.1273770
- Malinauskaite,LauraConnecting the dots2022In: Ocean and Coastal Management, Vol. 226DOI: 10.1016/j.ocecoaman.2022.106274