“We see a growing interest in climate change adaptation, and there is also increased international collaboration in the field. Therefore it is even more important that we provide information on our Swedish initiatives”, says Ingrid Gudmundsson, from the Swedish National Knowledge Centre for Climate Change Adaptation at the Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute.
The Swedish Portal for Climate Change Adaptation (Klimatanpassning.se/en) contains information on how climate change affects different parts of society, cases, educational material and much more. The portal is aimed at actors who seek inspiration for their work and those who want to know more about how adaptation responsibilities are distributed among public actors in Sweden.
Authorities in collaboration
Klimatanpassning.se is maintained by the Swedish National Knowledge Centre for Climate Change Adaptation, working in collaboration with almost 30 Swedish authorities. The Swedish portal has been up and running for ten years. Last year, the portal was launched with a new design and new content, and this is now being followed by the English version.
“The Swedish portal is unique with its extensive collaboration between authorities. This means that we can offer broad expertise in many different areas. The number of networking authorities has also increased over the years”, says Ingrid Gudmundsson.
The Swedish Portal for Climate Change Adaptation contains
- “Climate change” and “Impacts on society” describe how a changing climate affects different areas in Sweden
- “Roles and responsibilities” explains how the adaptation work is performed, and presents networks and research
- “Cases” is a collection of descriptive examples of adaptation work
- “Education” brings together educational material produced by the authorities
- “About us” and “Contact” present the network of the authorities and contact information