PhD, Climate Researcher
Phone: +46 11 495 85 21
Fields of work
Perform simulations with and evaluate HARMONIE regional climate model for present climate and climate scenarios. Focus is on the representation of precipitation variability and extremes and their dependence on model grid resolution as well as the weather and climate processes responsible for heavy precipitation.
- To what extent can climate models reproduce the observed climate?
- To what extent can high-resolution regional climate models reproduce the spatial and temporal characteristics of precipitation on local and regional scales?
- How is precipitation and associated processes affected by changes in the dynamics and thermodynamics of the atmosphere?
Analysis of climate model output, comparison between models and observations, statistical analysis.
Publications by Petter Lind at SMHI
- Dyrrdal,Anita VerpeChanges in design precipitation over the Nordic-Baltic region as given by convection-permitting climate simulations2023In: Weather and Climate Extremes, Vol. 42DOI: 10.1016/j.wace.2023.100604
- Mueller,Sebastian K.Evaluation of Alpine-Mediterranean precipitation events in convection-permitting regional climate models using a set of tracking algorithms(Nov, 10.1007/s00382-022-06555-z, 2022)2023In: Climate DynamicsDOI: 10.1007/s00382-022-06608-3
- Lind,PetterClimate change information over Fenno-Scandinavia produced with a convection-permitting climate model2022In: Climate DynamicsDOI: 10.1007/s00382-022-06589-3