HYFO is SMHI’s modern presentation system for hydrological and meteorological observations and forecasts. This web-based presentation tool is developed in consultation with our customers and can be customized according to your needs and preferences.
More effective water regulation
The supportive visualization system provides refined hydrological and meteorological information with the aim to:
- Provide comprehensive hydrological information for optimal water management.
- Provide a thorough basis for the production of hydroelectric power and dam regulation ensuring compliance with the applicable water legislation.
- Reduce the risk of infrastructure failure.
User-friendly web tool
Data and forecasts are delivered and presented on a web-interface. HYFO is a user-friendly web tool which easily presents indicators you need for making decisions in your business. Hydrological forecast models can be set up with HBV and HYPE and can be calibrated for any sub basin. Delivered forecasts of inflow, precipitation, temperature, snow etc. can all be presented in maps, diagrams and tables in HYFO.
HYFO delivery includes the following products:
- Observations and reservoir levels from gauging station that can be displayed in graphs and tables.
- Observations and 10-day forecasts of precipitation, temperature and accumulated precipitation for different time periods from meteorological gauging stations.Data displayed in graphs and tables.
- Model-calculated historical 24-h and 9-day forecasts of precipitation, runoff, discharge, temperature, snow water equivalent, soil water retention, return periods and accumulated precipitation for different time periods. Information displayed in maps, graphs and tables for the whole Sweden.
- Model-calculated historical 24-hour and 9-day forecasts for precipitation, runoff (inflow or discharge), temperature and snow presented in maps, tables and graphs, presented for modeled catchments around lakes or rivers of interest.
- Combined presentation of own map layers, for example for reservoirs, power stations, etc.