Our assessments of seawater level are useful for:
- The construction of new buildings and structures in coastal areas
- The localisation and protection of buildings and infrastructure
- Acting as a basis for environmental impact assessments
Rests upon the latest scientific results
Our calculations of seawater levels are specific to one area. To obtain a possible image of future seawater levels in Swedish waters we use the results from the latest IPCC report and from other relevant research. We also take into consideration the elevation of the land, which varies along the Swedish coast.
Our assessments are based on the best assumptions that can be made today, but still contain a measure of uncertainty since we do not know what the green house emissions will be in the future.
Your needs govern
Your needs decide what kind of sea water level that should be calculated. The most common are:
- Present average and high water levels with varying return periods, usually between 50 and 100 years
- Future average and high water levels with varying return periods, usually between 50 and 100 years
- An analysis of historical observations and observations of extreme situations
Contact us for additional information.