PhD student, Climate Researcher
Phone: +46 11 495 85 21
Fields of work
Perform simulations with and evaluate HARMONIE regional climate model for present climate and climate scenarios. Focus is on the representation of precipitation variability and extremes and their dependence on model grid resolution as well as the weather and climate processes responsible for heavy precipitation.
- To what extent can climate models reproduce the observed climate?
- To what extent can high-resolution regional climate models reproduce the spatial and temporal characteristics of precipitation on local and regional scales?
- How is precipitation and associated processes affected by changes in the dynamics and thermodynamics of the atmosphere?
Analysis of climate model output, comparison between models and observations, statistical analysis.
Publications by Petter Lind at SMHI
- Lenderink,GeertSystematic increases in the thermodynamic response of hourly precipitation extremes in an idealized warming experiment with a convection-permitting climate model2019In: Environmental Research Letters, Vol. 14, no 7DOI: 10.1088/1748-9326/ab214a
- Amorim,Jorge HumbertoIntegrated Urban Services for European cities: the Stockholm case2018In: WMO Bulletin, Vol. 67, no 2, 33-40 p.DOI:
- Lind,PetterSpatial and Temporal Characteristics of Summer Precipitation over Central Europe in a Suite of High-Resolution Climate Models2016In: Journal of Climate, Vol. 29, no 10, 3501-3518 p.DOI: 10.1175/JCLI-D-15-0463.1