PhD, Climate researcher
Phone: +46 11 495 82 46
Research Gate ID: Minchao Wu
Fields of work
Development and application of high-resolution regional Earth system models with focus on land-atmosphere interaction especially on vegetation dynamics and vegetation feedback. Assessing model performance over tropical region at scales ranging from continent to convection-permitting area, Africa is the preliminary testing domain.
- Vegetation dynamics and carbon cycle; the impact of land surface properties (soil moisture, topography and vegetated cover ) on regional climate, e.g. vegetation influence on climatic extreme
- The mechanism of scale effects on inter-annual variability and extreme of regional climate.
- Added values of high-resolution climate model to climate services.
- Model application and development
- Analysis of model output.