PhD. Computational Scientist
Phone +46-11-495 87 03
Research Gate ID: Marco Kupiainen
Fields of work
Development of accurate and stable numerical approximations to the continuous underlying models used in climate and weather simulations. Research interests include high-order methods for initial boundary value problems, stable and accurate treatment of boundary conditions and interface conditions for coupling models and efficient computer code implementations.
- Stable, high-order accurate numerical approximations
- Analysis and implementation of accurate and stable boundary/interface conditions
- Efficient and accurate high-performance computing
Analysis of well-posedness of the continuous models used and also stability analysis for the corresponding discretization, especially with regard to boundary and interface conditions.
Publications by Marco Kupiainen at SMHI
- Nikulin,GrigoryThe effects of 1.5 and 2 degrees of global warming on Africa in the CORDEX ensemble2018In: Environmental Research Letters, Vol. 13, no 6DOI: 10.1088/1748-9326/aab1b1
- Linders,ViktorSummation-by-Parts operators with minimal dispersion error for coarse grid flow calculations2017In: Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 340, 160-176 p.DOI: 10.1016/j.jcp.2017.03.039
- Strandberg,GustavCORDEX scenarios for Europe from the Rossby Centre regional climate model RCA42015