Associate professor, head of the Rossby Centre
Phone +46 11-495 85 01
Research Gate ID: Erik_Kjellstroem
Fields of work
Evaluation of the Rossby Centre regional climate model and analysis of climate change in simulations performed within the international CORDEX project. Assessing uncertainties in climate change projections and providing ensemble based probabilistic scenarios is another field of interest.
- To what extent can climate models reproduce the observed climate?
- How can ensembles of climate projections be used to illustrate uncertainties and robustness in future climate change?
- How can climate scenarios be used to provide useful climate services?
Analysis of climate model output, comparison between models and observations.
Publications by Erik Kjellström
- Hartung,KerstinResolution, physics and atmosphere-ocean interaction - How do they influence climate model representation of Euro-Atlantic atmospheric blocking?2017In: Tellus. Series A, Dynamic meteorology and oceanography, Vol. 69DOI: 10.1080/16000870.2017.1406252
- Iqbal,W.Mean climate and representation of jet streams in the CORDEX South Asia simulations by the regional climate model RCA42017In: Journal of Theoretical and Applied Climatology, Vol. 129, no 1-2, 1-19 p.DOI: 10.1007/s00704-016-1755-4
- White,Christopher J.Potential applications of subseasonal-to-seasonal (S2S) predictions2017In: Meteorological Applications, Vol. 24, no 3, 315-325 p.DOI: 10.1002/met.1654