Research Scientist, MSc, PhD student
Phone +46-11-495 84 31
Fields of work
Evaluation and development of new regional climate model HARMONIE at Rossby Centre. Assessing the model representation of mean climate as well as extreme precipitation mainly in Pan-Europe but also in specific areas with complex terrain such as the alpine region and the Scandinavian mountains.
- The effect of parametrized versus explicit handling of the convective transport.
- Scientific and technical challenges related to convection-permitting climate modelling (horizontal grid spacing ≤4 km).
- How do precipitation extremes change in a changing climate?
Model development, analysis of climate model output.
Publications by David Lindstedt at SMHI
- Lind,PetterSpatial and Temporal Characteristics of Summer Precipitation over Central Europe in a Suite of High-Resolution Climate Models2016In: Journal of Climate, Vol. 29, no 10, 3501-3518 p.DOI: 10.1175/JCLI-D-15-0463.1
- Lindstedt,DavidA new regional climate model operating at the meso-gamma scale2015In: Tellus. Series A, Dynamic meteorology and oceanography, Vol. 67DOI: 10.3402/tellusa.v67.24138