PhD, Climate researcher
Phone: +46 11 495 82 46
Research Gate ID: Minchao Wu
Fields of work
Development and application of high-resolution regional Earth system models with focus on land-atmosphere interaction especially on vegetation dynamics and vegetation feedback. Assessing model performance over tropical region at scales ranging from continent to convection-permitting area, Africa is the preliminary testing domain.
- Vegetation dynamics and carbon cycle; the impact of land surface properties (soil moisture, topography and vegetated cover ) on regional climate, e.g. vegetation influence on climatic extreme
- The mechanism of scale effects on inter-annual variability and extreme of regional climate.
- Added values of high-resolution climate model to climate services.
- Model application and development
- Analysis of model output.
Publications by Minchao Wu at SMHI
- Tamoffo,Alain T.Process-based assessment of the impact of reduced turbulent mixing on Congo Basin precipitation in the RCA4 Regional Climate Model2021In: Climate DynamicsDOI: 10.1007/s00382-020-05571-1
- Wu,MinchaoThe impact of regional climate model formulation and resolution on simulated precipitation in Africa2020In: Earth System Dynamics, Vol. 11, no 2, 377-394 p.DOI: 10.5194/esd-11-377-2020
- Zhang,W.The Interplay of Recent Vegetation and Sea Ice Dynamics-Results From a Regional Earth System Model Over the Arctic2020In: Geophysical Research Letters, Vol. 47, no 6DOI: 10.1029/2019GL085982