- Development of cloud climate data records from satellites
- The effects of moisture transport into the Arctic (with MISU)
- Influence of absorbing aerosols on clouds in the climate system (with MISU)
- NORD-SLCP - Satellite based monitoring of short lived climate pollutants over the Nordic countries
EU HORIZON 2020
- INTAROS - Integrated Arctic Observing System
Main research interests
- Investigating the atmospheric Essential Climate Variables (ECVs) derived from satellite based observations for climate monitoring applications and process studies. To that end, I use satellite based climatologies (from both historical and advanced sensors) of some of the ECVs such as clouds, aerosols, water vapour, temperature etc to understand and learn about the complex water and energy cycle and interactions/feedbacks among its components.
- Implementing calibration and intercalibration of passive imagers for climate applications.
- Studies of pollution transport signals in the satellite observations and remote sensing of air quality.
I strongly believe that the satellite observations, in-situ measurements and climate models form the three corners of the healthy climate research triangle. Additionally, I think the broad knowledge of various disciplines is needed in climate research to gather “the bigger picture”.