PhD, Associate professor, Research scientist
Phone +46 11-495 86 04
Research Gate ID: Lars_Baerring
Fields of work
Evaluation of climate simulations in relation to observational and reanalysis data. Ensemble-based analyses of regional climate model data and applications for impact studies. Interaction with climate change impact scientists. Development of methods and tools for tailoring and dissemination of climate data.
- To what extent can climate models reproduce the observed climate?
- How can reanalysis data and ensembles of climate projections be combined to serve the climate impacts community?
- How can climate projections and reanalyses be tailored to generate useful climate services?
Analysis of climate model output, comparison between models and observations, tailoring of climate indices for various applications.
Publications by Lars Bärring at SMHI
- Bärring,LarsDoes the projected pathway to global warming targets matter?2018In: Environmental Research Letters, Vol. 13, no 2DOI: 10.1088/1748-9326/aa9f72
- Mair,LouiseForest management could counteract distribution retractions forced by climate change2017In: Ecological Applications, Vol. 27, no 5, 1485-1497 p.DOI: 10.1002/eap.1541/full
- Bärring,LarsTailored climate indices for climate-proofing operational forestry applications in Sweden and Finland2017In: International Journal of Climatology, Vol. 37, no 1, 123-142 p.DOI: 10.1002/joc.4691