PhD, senior researcher
Phone +46-11-495 84 64
Fields of work
Development of the global climate model EC-EARTH and its surrounding infrastructure. Improving the process for transforming the raw model output into quality-controlled datasets on the Earth System Grid (ESG). Apply the EC-EARTH model for climate projections and climate predictions in the context of CMIP6. Contribute with model simulations and analysis of their results to national and international research projects.
- Evaluate and improve the EC-EARTH model
- Couple new Earth system components to the EC-EARTH model
- Improve the workflow for climate simulations, in particular post-processing
Climate model development, coupling of model components, evaluation of climate simulations, organization of the workflow related to climate simulations including pre- and post-processing.
Publications by Klaus Wyser at SMHI
- Boe,JulienPast long-term summer warming over western Europe in new generation climate models2020In: Environmental Research Letters, Vol. 15, no 8DOI: 10.1088/1748-9326/ab8a89
- Wyser,KlausOn the increased climate sensitivity in the EC-Earth model from CMIP5 to CMIP62020In: Geoscientific Model Development, Vol. 13, no 8, 3465-3474 p.DOI: 10.5194/gmd-13-3465-2020
- Haarsma,ReinHighResMIP versions of EC-Earth2020In: Geoscientific Model Development, Vol. 13, no 8, 3507-3527 p.DOI: 10.5194/gmd-13-3507-2020