PhD, senior researcher
Phone +46-11-495 84 64
Fields of work
Development of the global climate model EC-EARTH and its surrounding infrastructure. Improving the process for transforming the raw model output into quality-controlled datasets on the Earth System Grid (ESG). Apply the EC-EARTH model for climate projections and climate predictions in the context of CMIP6. Contribute with model simulations and analysis of their results to national and international research projects.
- Evaluate and improve the EC-EARTH model
- Couple new Earth system components to the EC-EARTH model
- Improve the workflow for climate simulations, in particular post-processing
Climate model development, coupling of model components, evaluation of climate simulations, organization of the workflow related to climate simulations including pre- and post-processing.
Publications by Klaus Wyser at SMHI
- Dosio,AlessandroExtreme heat waves under 1.5 degrees C and 2 degrees C global warming2018In: Environmental Research Letters, Vol. 13, no 5DOI: 10.1088/1748-9326/aab827
- Betts,Richard A.Changes in climate extremes, fresh water availability and vulnerability to food insecurity projected at 1.5 degrees C and 2 degrees C global warming with a higher-resolution global climate model2018In: Philosophical Transactions. Series A, Vol. 376, no 2119DOI: 10.1098/rsta.2016.0452
- Koutroulis,A. G.Freshwater vulnerability under high end climate change. A pan-European assessment2018In: Science of the Total Environment, Vol. 613, 271-286 p.DOI: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2017.09.074