Professor in climatology
Phone +46 11-495 85 01
Research Gate ID: Erik_Kjellstroem
Fields of work
Research related to climate, climate variability and climate change. Focus on regional climate modelling and support for users of climate information. International cooperation within the international CORDEX project.
- To what extent can climate models reproduce the observed climate?
- How can ensembles of climate projections be used to illustrate uncertainties and robustness in future climate change?
- How can climate scenarios be used to provide useful climate services?
Analysis of climate model output, comparison between models and observations.
Publications by Erik Kjellström at SMHI
- Sorland,Silje LundBias patterns and climate change signals in GCM-RCM model chains2018In: Environmental Research Letters, Vol. 13, no 7DOI: 10.1088/1748-9326/aacc77
- Nikulin,GrigoryThe effects of 1.5 and 2 degrees of global warming on Africa in the CORDEX ensemble2018In: Environmental Research Letters, Vol. 13, no 6DOI: 10.1088/1748-9326/aab1b1
- Kjellström,ErikEuropean climate change at global mean temperature increases of 1.5 and 2 degrees C above pre-industrial conditions as simulated by the EURO-CORDEX regional climate models2018In: Earth System Dynamics, Vol. 9, no 2, 459-478 p.DOI: 10.5194/esd-9-459-2018