E-HYPE stands for European Hyrological Predictions for the Environment and consists of high resolution (median subbasin size 120 km2) simulations of hydrological variables for all of Europe.
E-HYPE-web is a system where you can easily:
- Download daily simulations of discharge (m3/s) from the E-HYPE model
- Download monthly simulations of notrogen and phsophorous (kg) from the E-HYPE model
- Download simulation data for only one subbasin
- View maps of long terms means for Europe
- View result from climate impact studes made with E-Hype
Data for download can be chosen by selecting areas from a map. This document summarises instructions for downloading data from the E-HYPE web tool.
The mapping tool can be used to pan, centre, zoom-in and zoom-out of the current map. It is also possible to choose a subbasin(s) for download of model data.
You can pan through the map by:
- Holding down the left mouse button and dragging the mouse
- Using the buttons with arrows on the top left of the map screen
- Using the “Page Up”, “Page Down”, “Home” and “End” keys (pans large distances at a time)
- Using the arrow keys on the keyboard to pan (pans small distances at a time)
You can zoom into and out of the map by:
- Using the + and – buttons in the upper left corner of the map screen
- Clicking on the sliding bar of zoom levels in the upper left corner of the map screen.
- Dragging the sliding bar of zoom levels in the upper left corner of the map screen.
- Holding down the shift key while clicking with the left mouse button and dragging the mouse to the side
- Using the + and – keys on the keyboard
- Using the roller on the mouse
- Right-clicking and choosing either “zoom in” or “zoom out” from the drop down menu
You can centre the map by clicking with the right mouse button and choosing the function centre map here.
You can choose subbasin(s) in the map by clicking with the left mouse button on a subbasin. Subsequently clicking on more than one subbasin adds more subbasins to the list of selected subbasin.
Information about E-HYPE
For information about the E-HYPE model, click on the link Info
When you have chosen a subbasin, click on the button Download File and the downloaded data will be shown in Excel which will open automatically within a few seconds.