The Aircast module allows statistical adjustment of deterministic forecasts of air pollution. The process of creating a forecast is briefly described below:
- A regional forecast model produces a hh hour forecast every nn hour.
- Some forecasted substances could be extracted directly from the regional forecast and directly stored in the time series database.
- Forecasted temperature, wind speed and wind direction and cloudiness are passed through a meteorological pre-processor, which calculates all parameters necessary to run a local scale model. These parameters are then stored in the Airviro time series database.
- A hh hour deterministic forecast simulation is then performed by using an local scale dispersion model and a local emission database.
- A statistical adjustment of the deterministic forecast is then made forming a statistical forecast (SF), including a field adjustment process and the result is then stored in the result database.